Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities
1154 Larc Lane, Toledo, OH 43614
Administrative Offices (419) 380-4000 | Centralized Intake (419) 381-8320
Report Abuse or Neglect (419) 381-5206
After Hours (419) 380-5100 | Ombudsman (419) 381-3000
Public Relations/Media Inquiries (419) 380-4048
The Mission of the Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities is Improving LIFE so that
individuals with developmental disabilities reach their full potential.
- Believe all people have a right to full and equal citizenship.
- Believe all people have a right to shape their own future with support and guidance if needed.
- Believe all people have a right to share their unique strengths, abilities and contributions with others.
- Believe in the importance of families.
- Believe we have responsibility, as individuals and as an organization, to be leaders in promoting opportunities for all people to experience full citizenship while maintaining high ethical and fiscal standards.
- Believe in cultural competence.
- A cutting edge organization that sets trends in the field;
- An organization that assures every family is connected and supported with another family;
- An organization that creates a community in which individuals with disabilities have a number of people that love and care for them that are unpaid; and
- A program recognized as a leading community advocate and developer of supports for individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as the front door through which individuals with developmental disabilities get connected to the life they desire;
- Create a tangible, visual person-centered plan/map for each individual and family;
- Empower a world class network of partners focused on quality, safety, security;
- Empower a community where individuals with developmental disabilities have the opportunity to work, worship, play, volunteer, and live where THEY desire (full citizedns in community life); and
- Create a community where individuals with developmental disabilities are full citizens in community life.
Engaged and empowered staff who are life-long learners and who help individuals with developmental disabilities create lives they desire; The flexibility to adapt to the supports being requested by families and individuals; and A program that focuses on creating an inclusive community and not buildings and structures.
Building an inclusive community